The CELLAXYS team concentrates on you so you can concentrate on healing.
What causes neck pain?
Contrary to a popular belief, most serious neck conditions do not cause severe or prolonged pain. However, if you’ve been feeling soreness in your neck for 6 weeks or more, and you haven’t recently been in an accident, it might be a good idea to check in with your doctor. Here are a few markers to help you navigate whether the cause of your pain is serious:
- Wear and tear of your cervical spine. Age-related conditions like cervical spondylolisthesis usually surface as severe chronic pain and stiffness in your neck. The condition occurs due to the natural wear and tear of the cartilage between your spinal bones, but can be caused by other factors.
- Ankylosing spondylitis. A particular form of arthritis, an aggressive inflammation that attacks your spinal bones, the vertebrae. In advanced cases, the inflammation can cause new bone to form on your spine, resulting in deformation of your spine.
- Strains and sprains. Soft tissues around the spinal joints are subjective to overstretching and tear, just like any other joints in our body. These usually result in swelling, bruising and limited flexibility in the strained (sprained) area, along the pain.
Dr. Mohajer Explains How Neck Pain: “Surgery should be the last option”
Neck pain is an increasingly common symptom among patients old and young, as up to 70% of all people experience neck pain at least once in their lifetimes. While cervical pain exercise, acupuncture and physical therapy can be effective, surgical intervention is rarely the answer. Dr. Mohajer explains why.
Want to learn how Stem Cell Therapy can help you reduce your neck pain?
“Always know your options for treating neck problems”
Spinal surgeries aimed to tackle different neck conditions are a controversial topics, with weak evidence towards their effectiveness. While most popular neck surgeries experience a high success rate, it is their necessity that concerns the orthopaedic community. It turns out over 80% of neck problems can and should be addressed in a non-surgical way:
- In 2011, a study of 274 patients who complained about their neck pain found that up to17.4% of those patients have been assigned an “unnecessary surgery” (a surgery that aims to address the pain alone, without major spine conditions)
- Another 2013 study has reviewed 787 neck surgery cases, and failed to find any significant evidence that a surgery is more effective in reducing neck pain than conservative measures (e.g. physical therapy
- Research suggests that spinal surgeries are often prone to complications such as infections, blood clots in the veins and nerve injury, with some studies estimating as many as 23% of surgeries having minor or major complications
CELLAXYS Neck Therapy® employs minimally invasive treatments that enhance your body’s ability to heal itself—like stem cell therapy, the natural building block of our bodies—to naturally enhance the cervical pain treatment.
Stem Cell Therapy Powering Top Athletes
For years now, forms of stem cell therapy have been used by top athletes in adjunction to traditional orthopaedic measures—such as surgery and injections—to heal quicker and grow stronger. Since the late 1990s, a number of leading athletes, including Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriguez, have publically lead the transition away from traditional orthopaedic alternatives such as cortisone (which reduces pain quickly but damages the joint tissue irreversibly.) With long recovery times of surgery, stem cell therapy has become one of the go-to therapy methods for the sports elite.
With roots in top-level athletics, stem cell therapy focuses on safety and efficiency. Since stem cells are the natural building blocks of our body, there is virtually no risk of rejection; and, since the method is non-invasive, the recovery time is minimal (4-6 weeks).
How Does Stem Cell Therapy Work?
Human bodies are made out of small particles called cells—nerve cells, bone cells, blood cells, muscle cells, and so on.
Stem cells are the natural ‘repair’ cells of our bodies. Their ‘job’ is to morph into a type of cell that is damaged and replace it. For example, when you suffer an injury, it is your stem cells that are trying to regenerate the damaged tissue. Stem cells are involved at every stage of human life—right from the conception.
During CELLAXYS Neck Therapy®, stem cells are harvested from your body, processed into a more concentrated form, and re-injected precisely into the location of the injury (to repair the damage).
This way, your body’s natural healing resources are right where they’re needed most.
Set a physical examination date
We understand that this is a lot to take in, and you still probably have a lot of questions. Do not hesitate to give us a call, and we will help you out.
If you’d like to schedule a visit the CELLAXYS Therapy Center for an initial examination, please click the button below.
Meet the CELLAXYS Neck Therapy® Medical Staff
Dr. Pouya Mohajer
Director of Regenerative Interventional Spine Medicine
Board certification in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine
Fellowship-trained from Harvard University
Dr. Pejman Bady
Head of Emergency Medical Services
Medical degree from Western University of Health Sciences
USC Marshall School of Business
We take a different approach at CELLAXYS. We focus on the body’s innate ability to heal itself to not only reduce pain, but also alter the progression of pain and disease at a cellular level. Our Board-Certified & Fellowship-Trained Physicians have sub-specialized in joints and spine regenerative procedures for over a combined 60 years. Their expertise in Orthopedics, Orthobiologics and Spine & Interventional Medicine enables them to bring the process of regenerative healing to perfection.
Having done more than 30,000 procedures, we have helped our patients to live pain-free, keep their desired activity level despite age, and keep their performance up through retirement. We personalize your treatment to your exact needs on a cellular level. No injury is the same, and neither should be your treatment.
One of our lead Physicians, Dr. Matthew Otten, has been recognized as one of Nevada’s favorite physicians, winning numerous awards such as Vital’s Patient Choice Award & Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Also, Dr. Otten was recognized as part of the top 10% of America’s Most Honored Professionals by The American Registry.