The CELLAXYS team concentrates on you so you can concentrate on healing.
What Causes Hip Pain?
Symptoms of hip problems can be categorized into two groups. Pain inside of the hip or in your groin area is usually caused by joint problems. Pain that radiates towards the outer boundaries of your hips is usually caused by muscular strain. Here are a few of the most common causes for hip pain:
- Arthritis. A common source of pain in all of human joints, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis are especially common in the hips. Variations of arthritis need to be addressed immediately, as the inflammation caused by the condition only gets worse with time, along with the pain.
- Bone fracture. With age, bones in the hips become increasingly vulnerable to shocks and traumas. If you’ve recently fell down on your hips and the pain persists, it might be an indication of a crack in one of the bones. In that case, it is highly recommended to have an X-ray examination as soon as possible, as the fracture may get worse.
- Bursitis and tendonitis. For people who frequent long walks, running, dancing and sports, their hip muscles, tendons and bones endure increased amounts of friction (especially if the activities are repetitive). This friction may lead to inflammation of the bursae (bursitis) and tendons (tendonitis.)
- Labrum tears. The hip is lined with articular cartilage, something called the labrum, which adds to the support to the entire structure. Think a rubber pillow between two bones to remove friction and add stability. If injured it causes mild instability and thus pain with certain motions. Labrum can be torn or frayed with repetitive motion or a hard direct trauma.
Dr. Otten Explains How Hip Pain and Treatment
For decades, orthopaedic professionals have recommended major surgical interventions for patients dealing with hip problems. On the other side of the spectrum were physical therapy, acupuncture, and conservative options. Today, we have the long-awaited middle ground: naturally regenerative, orthobiologic therapy. Dr. Otten helps us navigate through the noise and answer the important questions.
Want to learn how Stem Cell Therapy can help you reduce your hip pain?
“Always know your options for treating hip problems”
For years now, the general consensus was that to address serious hip problems, one has to go under the knife, but recent data suggests that alternatives to surgery should be considered, like any medical procedure.
- Up to 34% of hip surgery patients report “unfavorable long-term pain” within a 5 year period after the surgery, a 2012 study found
- During hip replacement (total arthroplasty), there is an up to 3% chance of nerve injury, and up to 18% of a fracture in one of the components. According to this study, being a woman is a risk factor, too
- A 2018 Finnish study found that 4.6% of all hip surgery patients, and 10% of total hip replacement patients experienced complications, and that various diseases (Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, rheumatic diseases, mental illnesses) increase the risk of a complication
CELLAXYS Hip Therapy® employs minimally invasive treatments that enhance your body’s ability to heal itself—like stem cell therapy, to naturally regenerate the damaged hip area.
Stem Cell Therapy Powering Top Athletes
For years now, forms of stem cell therapy have been used by top athletes in adjunction to traditional orthopaedic measures—such as surgery and injections—to heal quicker and grow stronger. Since the late 1990s, a number of leading athletes, including Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriguez, have publically lead the transition away from traditional orthopaedic alternatives such as cortisone (which reduces pain quickly but damages the joint tissue irreversibly.) With long recovery times of surgery, stem cell therapy has become one of the go-to therapy methods for the sports elite.
With roots in top-level athletics, stem cell therapy focuses on safety and efficiency. Since stem cells are the natural building blocks of our body, there is virtually no risk of rejection; and, since the method is non-invasive, the recovery time is minimal (4-6 weeks).
How Does Stem Cell Therapy Work?
Human bodies are made out of small particles called cells—nerve cells, bone cells, blood cells, muscle cells, and so on.
Stem cells are the natural ‘repair’ cells of our bodies. Their ‘job’ is to morph into a type of cell that is damaged and replace it. For example, when you suffer an injury, it is your stem cells that are trying to regenerate the damaged tissue. Stem cells are involved at every stage of human life—right from the conception.
During CELLAXYS Hip Therapy®, stem cells are harvested from your body, processed into a more concentrated form, and re-injected precisely into the location of the injury (damage).
This way, your body’s natural healing resources are right where they’re needed most.
Keep on dancing. Get in touch.
We understand that this is a lot to take in, and you still probably have a lot of questions. Do not hesitate to give us a call, and we will help you out.
If you’d like to schedule a visit the CELLAXYS Therapy Center for an initial examination, please click the button below.
During the visit, our physicians will:
- Conduct a thorough physical exam
- Review your X-Ray and MRI images
- Analyze your medical history
- Give you a custom-tailored treatment plan
Meet the CELLAXYS Hip Therapy® Medical Staff
Dr. Matthew HC Otten
Director of Regenerative Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
Fellowship-trained & Board Certified in Sports medicine
Director Angiography at Harvard Clinical Research Institute
Michigan Stage University Alumni
Dr. Pouya Mohajer
Director of Regenerative Interventional Spine Medicine
Board certification in Anesthesiology and Interventional Pain Medicine
Fellowship-trained from Harvard University
We take a different approach at CELLAXYS. We focus on the body’s innate ability to heal itself to not only reduce pain, but also alter the progression of pain and disease at a cellular level. Our Board-Certified & Fellowship-Trained Physicians have sub-specialized in joints and spine regenerative procedures for over a combined 60 years. Their expertise in Orthopedics, Orthobiologics and Spine & Interventional Medicine enables them to bring the process of regenerative healing to perfection.
Having done more than 30,000 procedures, we have helped our patients to live pain-free, keep their desired activity level despite age, and keep their performance up through retirement. We personalize your treatment to your exact needs on a cellular level. No injury is the same, and neither should be your treatment.
One of our lead Physicians, Dr. Matthew Otten, has been recognized as one of Nevada’s favorite physicians, winning numerous awards such as Vital’s Patient Choice Award & Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Also, Dr. Otten was recognized as part of the top 10% of America’s Most Honored Professionals by The American Registry.
Want to learn how Stem Cell Therapy
can help you reduce your hip pain?
Want to learn how Stem Cell Therapy can help you reduce your hip pain?
Fill out the form below to request your FREE consultation